Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Welcome, welcome, to the 74th edition of my blog

Not having made a New Year's Resolution for 2012 because, honestly, I forget them by January 3 every year, I decided to make a Star Wars Day Resolution (May the Fourth Be With You!--celebrated with a little Return of the Jedi action). Spending most of my last semester of school on Pinterest (parents and teachers insert doing homework here) I discovered a lot of really great blogs out there. Which, of course, led me to think, "Hey! I can do that too! I know how to cook, and I want to be a craft maniac when I'm done with school!" 

All Hunger Games and Star Wars jokes aside, I've missed having the opportunity to have some quality me-time. Now that I've officially (and by that I mean in two days' time) graduated from graduate school I have some free time on my hands. And people, I haven't had free time since I was six. The last two weeks have been a little awkward for me as I insist that I have homework that needs to be turned in and papers that need to be written, only to find out that these elusive homeworks and papers DON'T EXIST. Stephen has been very patient with my crazy meandering throughout the house looking for things to do, and the words "stir crazy" have come to mind more than once. To alleviate said craziness we end up with this formula:

recent graduate+random amounts of free time+okay ability to write, bake, and create=blogging adventures

Let's see how it goes. 

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm excited to follow you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to read every single one. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I've shared it with Grandma BJ and the rest of my clan so they can keep up with you, too! XOXO Mom

    ReplyDelete