Friday, July 20, 2012

Weddings, Working, and...Moving a lot of crap

If you've been tossing and turning at night, wondering what in the world happened to your favorite blog, I finally have time to write an explanation:

Blame it on Murphy's Law (the good version)

Most of you who read the blog regularly know that we have been preparing to move, which happened last weekend. I also got a call for a job interview about a month ago and a week later I had myself a full-time job! So, to celebrate our new busy lives, we decided to take a restful little drive halfway across the country to Arkansas (for the second time this summer) to visit family and attend a wedding. After 8 glorious days in 5 states we made it back just in time for me to start my job. And then we moved 3 days later. In that 3-week time span we also managed to pack our home, buy me a new professional wardrobe, and not have any fights or lose our minds. 

If that isn't a good enough reason for my hiatus, I don't know what is. Before I pass out from exhaustion I thought I would leave you with my latest project:


Yeah, I made that. Our wonderful friend Robert loves tigers and he just got married (I can't believe I just typed that sentence and everything about it is true), so when I found this hilarious kit for a cross-stitched tiger in the clearance aisle of a craft store about 6 months ago I thought to myself, "I absolutely want to take this project on for his wedding present." I'm sure his new wife is thrilled. This, by the way, took me 4 months. Which means they better keep it for at least that long before it ends up in the garage sale pile! 

No comments:

Post a Comment